Teaching Posture in Yoga and for Life: Master the Posture! June 13, 14 - 2020
Teaching Posture in Yoga and for Life: Master the Posture!
16 CE contact hours. 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM. Cost $252.00. June 13th and 14th
- What is good posture? That is not a simple question to answer!
- The cue to “stand up straight” or “sit up straight” really does not work at all!
- How do you teach someone how to have “good posture”? Well- the answer to that is it is impossible to teach in a few easy cues or even over a few classes.
- In this workshop you will learn how to develop postural awareness, the most important cues teach, how to develop posture focused classes for all ages
- Did you know that most people have a very poor sense of what proper posture feels like in their body. And until the connection is made to what good posture feels like, continual postural correction is not really possible.
- Did you know that optimal posture is linked to longer life and a better quality of health, overall.
- And did you know all of this can be fun! We all shudder when we hear voices from the past barking at us to “sit up straight” – not really knowing why or how! In this course you will learn the “why and the how” to set you students up for a life-time awareness of how to achieve great posture in a positive, playful, and exploratory way.
In this weekend workshop you will learn:
- How to develop postural awareness
- Common patterns of poor posture
- Factors that contribute to postural problems and how to counteract them
- What to stretch, and what to strengthen
- Yoga poses for posture
- How to teach a posture focused yoga classes
- The research behind the importance of posture
- how to teach this at different ages and different level
Instructors: Siri Marken E-RYT 500; YACEP; Occupational Therapist (Reg.); Certified Yoga Wellness Educator. Dr. Brett Wade E-RYT 200; YACEP; Physiotherapist (Reg.); Touch for Health Practitioner