Restorative Yoga Training - LEVEL TWO (April 13, 14 2019)
Restorative Yoga Training: LEVEL TWO - 20 credits. Cost $409.50 (includes GST and manual).
Tuition: $360.00 plus GST
Manual: $30 plus GST
Total: $409.50 including tuition, manual and tax
April 13 and 14th at PhysioActive in Kelowna. 8:00 AM-6:00 PM
Prerequisite: *Restorative Foundations: Level One
*we may consider people taking this course out of order on a case by case examination of past experience as long as Restorative Level One is taken at some time.
This training is an advanced training that builds on the Restorative: Level One foundations.
- This training will review basic Restorative poses and introduce more complex poses and pose set-ups. You will learn advanced modifications and supports in the poses, and will increase your observational and support skills. The advanced use of props and sandbags will be incorporated into the poses, also practice in breath work and breath cueing.
- This module will explore more advanced principles behind the practice of Restorative Yoga, including:
- • The scientific benefits of Restorative Yoga
- Anatomy and body systems
- The functions of the central nervous system
- Use of breath and mindfulness to elicit a relaxation response
- Transitions in and out of poses, respecting various health conditions and limitations
- The role of the teacher in Restorative yoga in holding space, creating the environment, effective use of self, and monitoring of the students physiologic response to the pose
- The use of voice: volume; tone; pacing
- Sequencing of a class and timing of poses
- Teaching to individuals and groups- how to plan a practice for each
- Teaching ethics and the qualities of a Restorative yoga teacher
- Restorative yoga requires tapping into the parasympathetic nervous system to affect changes to the physiological systems of the body including the cardiovascular, respiratory, endocrine, fascial, and musculoskeletal systems. These affects combine to create the deeply calming and settling results of the Restorative Yoga practice.
Instructors: Siri and Brett.