Yin Yoga Training - LEVEL ONE JUNE (8 and 9)
YIN YOGA TEACHER CERTIFICATION: LEVEL ONE
Learn the foundations of Yin Yoga, and how to teach a well structured class.
Yin yoga is a relatively new style of yoga. The Yin yoga practice is targeted at deeper tissues, such as ligaments, joint capsules, and the fascial system. The poses are intended to cause positive stresses on tissues to develop strength, length, and resiliency. It is the opposite to, and an excellent balance for more Yang styles of yoga which engage the muscles and cardiovascular systems more energetically.
In this foundational certification you will learn
- the history of Yin yoga and principles of Yin practice fundamental Yin poses, Breath work and mindfulness in poses,
- how to help to engage the client in inward reflection and observation of the body and minds reaction to the pose,
- the concepts of stress and tension as positive forces in the body to prevent fragility of the body and to create length and strength of tissues
- how long should the poses be held and why
- connective tissue: the fascial system; ligaments; tendons; joint capsules
- Identifying tension versus compression in a pose
- Safety considerations in Yin poses - How far is too far?
- investigation of how anatomical variations express in Yin poses,
- Sequencing of a Yin class
- The importance of sequencing, timing, and continual monitoring
- The use of props and sandbags- how to decide what to use and why
- Reflection on qualities and ethics of an effective Yin yoga teacher.
Tuition:$360.00 plus GST
Manual: $30 plus GST
Total $409.50 including manual and tax
8 am to 6 pm Saturday and Sunday
JUNE 8 and 9
20 hours towards 500 hour YTT for those registered in the 500 track with NASYS.